Sunday, September 16, 2007

"Would you rather be happy or right?"

This was a part of today's message by Rev. Chris Jackson at Unity on the Bay and i would rather be happy, but what got me was how both of these things are tied together. Equating happiness with being or doing right has been a part of my entire life. I constantly say to my students what criteria are you using in terms of your judgement, (something I learned from aesthetics). So what tied right and happiness together for me? It does not matter as long as they stop being attached to each other. Now my happiness can be about being happy not being right. It is funny how i complicate such simple things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just be in the moment like in Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now. Your inner peace and detachment from "being right" will bring you the joy of just being alive.

Mr. Crab Claw said...

Dear Anonymous,
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I am around chapter four of the book. I have been reading it slowly for a couple of weeks and I am beginning to experience a bit of what you mentioned.
Thanks again,
Crab Claw